Pheasant in mushroom and white wine sauce
1. Prep your pheasant breasts and thigh meat by removing any feathers or bbs. using about 8 boneless and skinless breasts and thighs
2. Brown meat: I use an electric frypan to brown the meat with solid Crisco. Dip meat in a mixture of flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown quickly and set aside,
3. Saute 3 stalks of celery, 1 box of sliced fresh mushrooms, and 4 green onions in a little olive oil. Set aside
4. Make wine sauce: on medium heat cook 4 cups of chicken broth, 1-pint heavy whipping cream, and 1 cup of white wine. When hot, thicken with corn starch about 1-2 T dissolved in a little cold water. Add all purpose seasoning, salt and pepper to desired taste.
5. Layer in 9x13 sprayed pan. First meat, then sautéed vegetables, and then pour wine sauce overall. Make sure it's all covered or will dry out.
6. Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 90 minutes, covered.
Serve with wild rice or mashed potatoes.
Bacon wrapped pheasant or shrimp appetizers
Shrimp - or- pheasant chunks ( or some of both)
Directions: Cook bacon halfway or almost done. Slice shrimp or pheasant chunks and fill them with horseradish. Wrap bacon around meat and secure with a toothpick. Bake in the oven or cook on the grill until almost done. Brush BBQ sauce on and finish baking until completely done.
Oven Cheesy Potatoes
2# bags of country style frozen potatoes
1 can cream of potato soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup diced sweet onion
1/2 t. salt
Mix all together and put in 9x13 sprayed baking dish or pan.
Bake 60 minutes at 350 degrees uncovered.